ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best athlete you've ever seen play live?

B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW
The one who in 40 years from now (no offense to you olds) you will be telling your grandkids about?

I assume the answer for most of us is Patrick Mahomes. I was a student from 2013-15, so as a student I got his freshman season and then obviously coming back for games in the 2 years after. Still remember his first start like it was yesterday because it was 40 degrees, I was wearing a t-shirt, freezing my ass off for 4 hours and Vinny Testaverde couldn't do anything after Mahomes got knocked out. The OU game the next week was slightly better even though Tech choked a sizable lead.

Haven't seen him in person the NFL yet, the one Chiefs game I went to was vs Green Bay in 2019 and he was out with an injury. Tech lost to Kansas the day before on that FG block lateral fumble play. Just a brutal sports weekend for me.

Josh Hamilton sucks as a person but was an incredible player to watch in his MVP season. Corey Seager last season was just as good (and not a terrible person).

Peyton Manning in 2006. Kevin Burnett had a pick 6 off him and the Cowboys won tho.

Tom Brady in 2007 when the Patriots waxed us 48-27. Got beer dumped on my head that day by 2 Pats fans who were sitting behind us.

I've been to games with Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, rookie Steph Curry, Dirk Nowitzki, Luka Doncic and Nikola Jokic. All incredible in their own ways.

Any athlete you guys really want to see live?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News