ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Weekend Thoughts: Tech drops series in Manhattan pres. by Sideline Provisions

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Going to write what comes to mind, so bare with me if it's out of order here...

Tech really needed this weekend series and dropping today's really hurt, especially in the manner you did. Austin Green came up with one of the biggest hits of the year, just for the bullpen to collapse and blow its second lead of the day.

Girton has completely fallen from grace. Friday starter with a lot of promise to a guy who I wouldn't trust a lot right now, and I believe the staff has a similar sentiment after today.

The management of today's bullpen was questionable but I don't think that the way they get deployed helps anything if you don't get execution from the pitchers themselves, and almost no one executed very well today.

That being said, I really was impressed with the starting efforts tossed this weekend. Petty was really solid today on short rest while Molina and Parish continued to take steps in the right direction.

The bats went really silent this weekend and Gavin Kash is pressing big time, hopefully a week off and a soft landing spot versus Sam Houston this weekend gets these guys right.

Defense continues to be an issue for the Red Raiders and it cost you multiple runs today. It is some maddening stuff, but I'm not sure if you can hope for much improvement at this point.

You're in a rough spot RPI wise, and I'll be curious to see where the Red Raiders land in the polls tomorrow. You're on the track to be a three seed somewhere and hosting a regional is all but out of the question at this point. The series in two weeks in Morgantown will be the biggest of the year where, in all likelihood, your tournament hopes will hang in the balance.

jrfdchr5pcftkvkvc8ma

Owned and operated by Red Raiders, Sideline Provisions offers one of a kind items you can’t find anywhere else in the world. They are the original creator of the Guns Up logo and are the only place to get Dirk West original pieces.
Sideline Provisions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News