ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE w/ Matador Club match- Abel Speaks - Asking for T&P and Support - Take 2 min to read please :)

Kimball15

Regional Manager
Gold Member
Feb 16, 2015
Houston, TX
UPDATE - Thanks in large part to this amazing group, we hit our halfway point of $7500!

That supports 3 families going to next year's retreat for free. Amazing job.

New challenge, I will match the next $500 donated with a donation to the Matador Club :) may get crazy and do $1000

I guess this is doxing myself... oh well ha

As some of you may know, my wife and I welcomed out 3rd child last month, a beautiful baby girl! Jessa Wren Sparks

However, most of you likely didn't know that last year my wife and I had to say goodbye to our son after only a few hours on this earth. James (Jimmy) Alan Sparks was born January of 2022, and blessed us with 13 great hours of life.

Jimmy was diagnosed very early on with anencephaly, a terminal diagnosis. After a lot of prayer and guidance, we chose to continue the pregnancy and give Jimmy a shot at life. Thank God we did. Jimmy was (and is) a living miracle that has inspired so many people.

Shortly after our diagnosis, we were introduced to an organization called Abel Speaks, this group changed the entire experience for us. Abel Speaks supports families that have chosen Life after a terminal diagnosis. It's a support group that reaches hundreds of families all over the world that are going through similar situations. One example is an all expenses paid retreat each year for recent diagnosed families to get together and be supported as a community. I can truly say they changed our lives for the better.

To honor Jimmy's memory, each year we will be raising money for "Team Sparks" in order to support this wonderful organization. I have a personal goal of $7500 donated before the annual fundraiser dinner on 9/21, and I have faith that we will crush that goal.

The money will not benefit us personally at all, but will go straight to Abel Speaks. If you feel called to help out, please see the link attached to donate and share with your network. If you can't at this time, please just keep the families suffering through this type of a tragedy in your thoughts and prayers. They need it more than you will ever know.

Calling on my RRS (or internet friends as my wife says) to help me out with this. Even if it's $5, it will be supporting a wonderful cause and will help support hundreds of families.

Jimmy Speaks

If you'd rather donate something for their auction on 9/21, feel free to DM me about it. It's in Downtown Dallas on 9/21 but will have an online auction option as well that I will share here.

TIA, Wreck'em!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News