ADVERTISEMENT

***Update*** RRS barrel club. Whiskey barrel picks to benefit the Matador Club.

martaylo

Techsan
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
*** Update***
This has more than enough interest to make it happen and we’re working toward it now. If everyone interested could participate in the POLL thread that would help us decide which barrels to pursue and how many we should get.

More to come as things develop.

Over in the bourbon thread we have a handful of guys discussing starting a RRS barrel club non profit where we make barrel picks of select available whiskeys, distribute to group members, auction off remaining bottles and donate the proceeds to the Matador Club.

My brother in law is a sales rep for southern glazers in San Antonio. He’s also an ex Red Raider who walked on and earned an OL spot for a couple years. He’s willing, able and happy to facilitate the process by getting us a BP through one of his stores for minimal margins.

@codycc64 and @PrevostRaider any thoughts on this? Any issues with MC receiving a donation from a private whisky club? Does it need to be set up any particular way?

Anyone who would be interested in getting this set up, or even just in getting a bottle, gitt. Thoughts, suggestions, pertinent info or questions, etc. I’m happy to be a go between with my BIL and the group or doing a little leg work.

I think we need to focus on how to set this up and how it will function first and foremost, and we can focus on the actual booze later on. That said, he let me know he can get BPs of whistle pig, punchers chance, wilderness trail and starward for sure (at varying price points of course, WP is $7,500 a barrel 😳) 1792 and wild Turkey are possible but more difficult. He will look into others if we get to that point, but just a little booze for thought for the time being.

@tunafishdocs @jblidell @boughtwithaprice @rabidraider02 @LondonRedRaider @Malcolm1990 etc, etc

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News