ADVERTISEMENT

TTU Baseball Weekend Recap

RaiderSeymore

🌵
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2012
Houston, Texas
www.servicecompression.com
- First, TJ Pompey is a stud. Hit .400 on the weekend and made a triple look extremely easy. Excited about this kid.

- This lineup is gonna hit. Going 2-1 on a weekend where Kash/McGee/Harrelson go a combined 1/26 is pretty good.

- Drew Woodcox is gonna push somebody to be an every day guy. I just love his swing. I'm not sure if every day DH is in the cards but he might mix in the OF as well if Harrelson continues his slow start.

- I think Tennessee is gonna be damn good. The arms they threw out there Friday were absolutely lights out. Striking out this TTU lineup 15 times might not happen again all season.

- It's the first weekend of the year, so I try to take results with a grain of salt, but your starters simply have to give you more. Robinson/Washburn/Petty combined for a total of 9.2 innings. That simply puts a strain on the rest of your staff to eat up outs.

- The bullpen did more than ever to hold it's own. Ryan Free/ Hudson/Hutyra/Heuer/Sanders/Huffling combined for 13 innings of work on the weekend and pitched well. Outside of a complete disaster from Jacob Rogers, the bullpen was just fine.

- TTU Pitching gave up 12 walks, 3 HBP, and surrendered an 80% (4/5) stolen base stat this weekend. Have to clean that stuff up.

- I'm still frustrated that baserunning continues to eat at this team. Just seems like there is a just WTF moment way too often. It cost us on Friday night.

- Bravo and Green played great defense this weekend and also combined for 9 hits/17 bases/and 8 RBI. I wonder if you can slot woodcox out there somewhere to get more AB's.

- I still can't figure out Tadlock's complete refusal to move runners. Your lone steal on the weekend came from your catcher. With guys like Tracer/Harrelson/Pompey.... it certainly seems like we should push the envelope more often on the base paths.

- We are much better defensively with Bazzell behind the dish and McGee at 3rd. Both made some great plays this weekend. McGee is smooooooooth at the hot corner.

2 and 1. Friday stings because you feel like you let one get away against a really good team, but I'll take it. On to UTA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News