ADVERTISEMENT

The good news? I suppose I'll be able to watch the game.

masked man

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2004
Began my bike ride to the Pacific Northwest yesterday morning. Great riding weather, good roads , not bad traffic. All was well until a few miles out of Post. Flat tire. Tried to inflate with my portable air compressor but it was dead. No choice but to turn around to go back to Post to find some air and sealant Bought a can of Fix A Flat at Allsups. Injected and re-aired. However, then bike wouldn't start. Spent about 45 minutes asking every customer that came in if they happened to have jumper cables. Finally, one did. Hooked it up...nothing. Worked with it a while longer, but again nothing. I thanked him for his time and tried to consider what the issue was. After a while it occurred to me than maybe my key fob's battery was dead. Fortunately, I had bought some new batteries along but I really didn't think I'd need them and I threw them into one of my two dry bags - but didn't remember which one. So after unstrapping both dry bags from the bike to be able to open them, I dug through each until I found the batteries. The parking lot now kind of looked like someone's really unorganized yard sale. So I repacked and restrapped. Took a bit more time. Good news - it was the fob. After more than a couple of hours delay, bike started right up and I headed off to Lubbock. About 7-8 miles out of Post, low tire warning came back on. Decided to try to try to make it to Slayton by going about 45-50mph. Made it and aired up again and decided to press my luck and get to Lubbock. Made it before the rain. Got an overpriced room at Hampton Inn (actually, probably not so overpriced). Grateful. But realizing that tomorrow was Sunday, thinking no one would be open to help me out it looks like I'll be staying two nights in my faux overpriced room. Hope I can find some help tomorrow.
The bright side - I'll be able to watch the game this afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News