ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech's most winnable games remaining

Rolf C

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2004
Here's I see it, ranked in order from most winnable to least winnable. How do you see it playing out?

I always think Texas Tech is going to win because they are always so difficult to play against. This season has been really cruddy and it makes me sad to waste a year of eligibility for all these guys. Everyone is a year older and the team has regressed badly. Hate it. A guy like Pop Isaacs only has four years to play, so 25% of his college basketball career has been wasted in my view. Kevin Obanor surely did not return for a sixth season for this nonsense. :(

1.) vs. WVU
They are only one game better than Texas Tech, so the two teams have combined to average 0.5 wins each. Sheesh. Bell, a freshman senior for them, is promising pretty tough on the boards.

2.) vs. Oklahoma State
I'm torn to make this game so high on the list because OSU always seems to play really tough against Texas Tech. This is the last game of the season, so it's hard to predict today how things will play out. Would an ohfer Texas Tech team bring their best game to grab a win, or will they have already checked out and be dreaming of new home venues?

3.) @ WVU. And here is where my list starts to fall apart. A road win for this team more likely than any remaining home game? Sadly this is how I see it today.

4.) vs. Texas. Yeah I said it.

5.) vs. TCU. While this doesn't seem likely overall, it's still the 5th most likely in my view.

6.) vs. KSU. Look, I've said this before, but Texas Tech is not far from winning. It seems far because the defense is atrocious, but if the team can turn that around they can beat almost anyone in the conference. Turning this sluggard around is highly, highly unlikely at this point. Those kinds of turnarounds at this point in the season is very, very rare. How many possessions in a game does Texas Tech need to be really difficult to play against to turn some of these losses into wins? 4? 8? Even 8 would be one difficult defensive possession every 5 minutes, all other things being equal. Come on man! The line between good teams and bad teams can be pretty thin. Texas Tech is close but they have shown no indications of being able to grow. Ugh.

7.) vs. Iowa State. Lol.

8.) @ OU.

9.) @ OSU.

10.) @ Kansas.

11.) @ Baylor.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News