ADVERTISEMENT

Super Duper Concise Thoughts On Tech @ Baylor Last Night

Rolf C

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2004
Great effort. I mean really gritty. It wasn't great basketball I don't think even for one play but there was some good basketball and all grit by Texas Tech. It looked to me like a guy like Warren Washington pretty easily puts Tech into the win column last night.

Outside of this board though no one cares, it's just a loss. Red Raiders are not on the good side of the bubble now, but they are within spitting distance of it. Still what, nine games left? Tourney invites are in front of every team.

Kudos to Kyeron Lindsey. I see the likely reason he's not playing, he couldn't guard my sister but he can most definitely get up and down the floor at Big 12 speeds and then some - he can really leg it out. His game speed looked the same to me as Toussaint or Isaacs. Also Lindsey is noticeably taller than Robert Jennings, and he has long arms. I still don't know if he can shoot. Pretty sure Lindsey earned some more PT last night and I expect to see him Saturday against UCF. I bagged on his defense here but he did run some nice interference a couple times that changed shots so it's not all bad.

Emelie Yalaho's front rim three point shot was short but his form was really good, I did not know he could shoot it but that was a good shot that just didn't fall. Not sure he's the first choice in that situation to shoot it, but all the other choices were being hounded so it wasn't a bad shot at all.

I think we expected a tough night because we all knew about the rampaging stomach bug going through the locker room. I tell you, those dudes are a lot tougher than me, when I get even the slightest bit sick I'm down for the count.

No surprise on the loss, very pleased with Tech's toughness. They've been tough all season and still were despite being sick.

I gotta eat breakfast, back later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News