ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid Sports Trends

jegreenwood

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2017
Justin, TX
Was watching Butler and Georgetown last night and couldn’t get over a few of the Georgetown players that had their shorts triple rolled up. I like short shorts, I wear 5” inseam shorts, but the triple roll waist looks like they got their dad’s hand me downs.

I got to thinking, I did stupid shit back in the day too. I played QB from 3rd-10th grade. Marshall Faulk was a star when I was a kid. I wanted the pacifier mouth piece like he had, so I used one and didn’t all the way til I gave up football to play golf. Looking back, I probably sounded like a dipshit trying to call a snap count with the binky mouthpiece. I thought I looked cool though.

I also wore a visor. Miami had a few players that wore them and I thought it was cool as shit. I had a smoked Oakley visor until junior high when they outlawed tinted visors.

I had like 5 different face masks that I rotated thru. I put tape on my face mask like the Nebraska and Penn State linebackers back in the day.

I wore finger sweatbands like Allen iverson that had my number on them, when I was playing middle school and junior high aau.

I could go on and on about trends I fell victim to.

What are some that you participated in or hate/hated to see?

Look at me big doofus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News