ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium / Atmosphere

06 Tech Grad

Matador
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fort Worth
I thought the crowd and atmosphere today was really good. Pretty impressive honestly for a couple .500 teams (that have no history) the weekend before Thanksgiving. A few thoughts:

- New Lights - I was at Oregon and TCU so I’d already seen them, but they really add a ton to the environment.
-SEZ Building - That is a big structure. I’m
really excited to see how it feels once that end is closed in.
-UCF Fans - I think it was the fewest amount of visitors I’ve ever seen in a conference game.
- Possum - The possum mascot waving flag from SEZ was awesome! Maybe this is Roof Raider for the current generation.
- 4:00 Kick - My aspirations for our program are higher than playing on FS2, but count me as a fan of the 4:00 kickoff in November after time change. You have ample time for pregame festivities, not too late for those of us taking kids, and time to drive afterwards if need be…we drove a couple hours to mother-in-laws house after the game.
- Winning - I live in Fort Worth and those trips back to the Metromess are so much better after a W. Need to keep restoring home field advantage.

Also, shoot out to @pcbryan999 for giving me his tickets in section 6 (which is awesome) since we brought our kids to the game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News