ADVERTISEMENT

Spectrum issues continue

imprimis

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
A little SE of Nome, Republic of Texas
Not just the ESPN Snafu. Spectrum is in the process of upgrading their equipment nationwide. This week my internet and TV have been off often with little to no TV service all week. I've had repairmen at my home 4 times thus far and nobody can fix the issues.

Thursday, I was told to expect outages for 3-4 months. Nobody at Spectrum customer service is aware of this nor can they give advice. I was told they had recently completed the upgrades in Arlington and now are working on Cedar Hill, Duncanville and DeSoto. When asked why we weren't notified about this upgrading, one of their supervisors said Spectrum sent letters to every customer in the affected areas. That letter didn't make it to my house or any of my neighbors.

At least the repairman told me yesterday about how to "cast" buffstreams from my computer to my TV so I can watch games and other events on the big screen and not my laptop. There are videos on YouTube explaining how to do it. Spectrum said they would credit my bill for the outages---never have before.

LG and Sony smartTVs are not compatible for downloading the Spectrum app for streaming. One needs a Roku or Firestick to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News