ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts …

C. Level

The People's Champ
Staff
Nov 7, 2002
Tough season. Just no way around it. No idea what this roster will look like going forward but it needs to change a bit and someone new will be tasked with that and they’ll only have eight or so official visits to use between now and August 1st with so many used last summer. Makes it tricky if you lose several players off of this team. No idea how that plays out yet but it is worth noting.

With this job now open, I think this program needs the basketball version of Joey McGuire. Someone energetic, someone that can maneuver through the portal and NIL landscape and ultimately the right fit. No one should worry about winning a press conference, just find the best fit for this program cause this is a tough job but a really good one with all it has to offer right now.

There will be some wildcards tossed around I’m sure but I would at least have conversations with people like Jerome Tang, Grant McCasland, Barrett Peery, Brian Burg, Steve Alford, Richard Pitino, Joe Golding along with Pinkins and Corey. All of those folks have had interest before, have been here on staff or are currently on staff here. Maybe your next head coach or associate head coach is on this list, who knows but I’d talk to some of these folks for sure.

Ideally you don’t want a search to last too long with the portal window opening up on Monday and with the tourney next week, it may take a bit to get some face time with certain candidates.

I’m sure a list would include more names than what I listed but it’s a start. Tech can afford to pay a good salary too but there isn’t money to waste here either. We will see what happens. Just wanted to post something, it’s been a weird day here in KC, that’s for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News