ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: CBS Sports ranking 2024 Big 12 football

22Tech22

Rookie Red Raider
Gold Member
Nov 22, 2023
A sports writer for CBS, Shejan Jeyahrajah, is not a fan of Tech. (I should say I’m not a fan of his either) He places us at 9th, ahead of TCU, Colorado, BU, BYU, Cincy, Houston and Ariz St.
Leading the uncrowded field was Utah at numero uno, followed by KSt, KU, Ok St, Arizona, Iowa St, WVU and UCF.
“Close game luck…could flip Texas Tech into the title race.

It’s hard to argue with the top three picks…I guess, and I know I typically lean towards Scarlet tinted sunglasses, but 9th???
Kansas was a bottom feeder for so long, I guess I haven’t quite adjusted to their more recent success. Ok St.has earned a top four, and likely even better based on history, but they had one of the lighter schedules last year. Arizona may be ranked a little high based on their nice performance, but they have a new coach and a lot of defectors. They do have an interesting QB however. Iowa St??? After a less than stellar start, they turned in a very decent season. Many Tech fans are not fans of their coaches abilities, but his records point favorably to his coaching and recruiting abilities. WVU, puzzles me. I definitely think we belong in front of them. They are very decent, especially at home, but they should not be ranked ahead of us Tech. UCF was my dark horse pick last year and they played Tech off our feet. So which UCF team was real last season? The one that blew a huge lead to the lowly bears or the one that rolled into Jones Stadium?? The coach has had success and they appear to have talent on their squad.

I think I could make a case for Tech being in the top 4-5 and if our QB could stay healthy and IF our O-line can finally become at least a B- we could have a double digit win season.
Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News