ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING: Recruits I'm monitoring for upcoming decisions

B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW
Wanted to put together a quick update of the board.

The finalists: Texas Tech, Illinois, Minnesota, Oklahoma State

Note: Expect a decision in the next week or two. Tech would love to add Carroll to the OL class of Hendrix, Davis, Long and Ponton. Tech is recruiting Carroll as a guard/tackle that can always move inside, while the Big Ten schools like Carroll at center.

The finalists: Texas Tech, LSU, Florida State, Texas

Note: Texas is seen as the favorite, as he is a legacy recruit. Texas Tech is selling January as being THE GUY in this class. If not January, don't expect them to take another true interior DL in 2024.

The finalists: Texas Tech (committed), Oklahoma, Purdue

Note: Though he's already committed, Carreon did OV to both other programs the last two weeks. At some point he has to reaffirm to Tech or flip...right?

The finalists: Texas Tech, Tulane

Note: Unless I'm mistaken, these were the only two official visits that Hampton took. He's announcing on July 1st and my FutureCast is in.

The finalists: Texas Tech, TCU, Arizona, SMU, Nebraska

Note: Expect Morgan to release his official top schools list today/soon, with a decision coming a few days after that. My FutureCast has been in with no reason to change yet.

The finalists: Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Oregon State

Note: Esquerra has been tough to reach following his OV, but a source at Killeen Shoemaker told me this week he is "very, very high" on the Red Raiders.

The finalists: Texas Tech, Utah, Oregon State

Note: Collins told RRS that Texas Tech was his leader following his trip to Lubbock. Expect a decision soon.

The finalists: Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, Nebraska, Washington

Note: All signs were pointing Texas Tech following his OV, but have things changed? His most recent visit was to Vandy and Brandon Holland of our UTSA site put in a prediction for the Commodores this week. Holland is very plugged into recruits in the San Antonio area, so it's a notable FutureCast. Expect a decision in early July.

The finalists: Texas Tech, Alabama, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Texas

Note: All indications are that Texas Tech has a significant lead...will the five-star prospect make an announcement any time soon or wait until after the season to see how it goes in Lubbock?

The finalists: Texas Tech, Arkansas, Oregon, Kansas State

Note: Texas Tech felt good about ABR coming out of his official visit, but he has since seen both the Razorbacks and Ducks. Other sites have started logging predictions for Arkansas. One to monitor ahead of a July 4th expected decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News