ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers Needed (7/8 Update in OP)

ronerich

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
DFW
Got a phone call from my sister this evening, telling me my mom was being life flighted to a hospital in Portland, OR. She recently had surgery, and our belief is she threw a blood clot and suffered a stroke. I don't know a lot other than she has been put in a medically induced coma and has been intubated. They are prepping her for surgery where they will put in a shunt and probably do something to relieve the pressure on her brain. My dad had to drive from Astoria, WA to Portland wondering if his wife was going to live or not, and all the lonely thoughts that accompany you in those dark times. Anyway, for those who pray, your prayers are greatly appreciated right now.

7/8 UPDATE: Still awaiting their ability to do the MRI, but to this point, all good news. The bleeding has stopped, and they still don't know the source of the bleeding. Working theory is that she has been on an elevated level of blood thinner, and a spike in hypertension might have caused bleeding through a weakened blood vessel, but that is conjecture at this point. Everything is trending up at the moment, but she is still going to be intubated for the next 2 days. Her eyes did shoot open at one point and she tried to remove the tube, so that is fairly encouraging news (she had been unconscious......not in a medically induced coma as I was told yesterday).

Long way to go still, but all of the news has been pretty encouraging. Your continued prayers are appreciated.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News