ADVERTISEMENT

Potential RedRaiderSports.com Golf Tournament

akjones15

Red Raider
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been tried by anyone before but I thought of a pretty cool idea for some upcoming away games we have in the future. In 2022 we play NC State in Raleigh, and I was thinking it would be awesome to do either a golf tournament or get a group together and go down and play Pinehurst, Tobacco Road, Mid Pines, etc before catching the game on 9/17. I think this we would be an awesome event for people to meet each other, network, and just some good Texas Tech fellowship. I would be willing to set up all golf, lodging, and see about some group dinners. Everyone else could just take care of their travel and we could have a grand ole time. My idea itinerary would something along the lines of this:

9/13
-travel day
-Welcome dinner at Pinehurst that night

9/14
-18 holes at Pinehurst
-Par 3 course in afternoon with happy hour

9/15
-18 holes at Pinehurst AM
-18 holes at Tobacco road or other local course (for those who are wanting to play 36)

9/16
-Final Round at Pinehurst AM
-Depart for Raleigh in PM

9/17
-Watch Texas Tech destroy the Wolfpack

We could either do it Ryder Cup style, teams of 4, or we could just get a group together and have a good time drinking beers and playing golf. We can work out details if this is something that actually materializes. If all goes well, my hopes would be to try and make it a yearly or bi-yearly trip. Especially knowing that we have @Oregon in 2024, which is an amazing opportunity for a Bandon Dunes trip.

Please let me know if there is any interest, once there is a decent amount of people who are interested I can start reaching out to Pinehurst about lodging and golfing as I am sure they book way in advance.

God Bless and Wreck Em

Reactions: Dtown66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News