ADVERTISEMENT

Postgame Thoughts

CactusOnTheBrazos

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2023
Kittley:
I thought his play calling was better tonight. Not great, but better. I understand there is justified criticism for not giving it to Brooks in certain situations. However, I try to remind myself he is young and has had to play his 3rd string QB in his first two seasons at the P5 level. But I know that doesn't excuse some of the play calling...
I still believe last years team goes 9-4 or better with a healthy Shough. And I still believe this years team has at least 8 wins right now with a healthy Shough/Morton. It has been far from ideal, it has been questionable, it has been ugly, and it has been good at times. But that's what I'd expect from an OC battling major QB injuries. I'm just waiting until Morton is a senior, Micah has a year under his belt, and Joey's beefy O-Line is controlling the trenches. That's the only way Kittley can replicate what he did at WKU on the P5 level. Hopefully by then, Kittley has worked out his kinks and the offense is rolling like the good old days.

Defense:
The defense has been sus on a few drives every game. However, they continue to bail out Kittley and McGuire! This game could have been won 30-17 if Joey had taken the field goals and we don't sh!t our pants on the fake FG. The defense is giving up an average of 24.4 points a game, 5th in the Big 12 atm. Just imagine if we had that with the early 2000s offense!? Tim has this defense going in the right direction and I think it will continue to improve in the coming years. They have played better as the season goes on and that's always good to see. I'm very glad defense has been taken more seriously in the McGuire era.

Overall, a win is a win regardless if a heart attack comes with it. I'll sip my drink and watch ISU upset Texas!
What are yalls thoughts on the game? Cheers and Wreck Em!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News