ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Thank You Chicago for Finch 20 year album Concert Last Tuesday and bad ass time!

theBigSalad

Red Raider
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2006
Holy Crap does not do it justice! Flew from Austin to Chicago last Monday to see one of my all time favorite bands Finch get back together to perform a few shows in 4 cities for their 20 year anniversary album What It is to Burn! They did 2 shows House of Blues! Here are my Chicago notes...
1. If you stay downtown like we did at the Renaissance hotel - make sure to leave early for your flight since the airport is 40 mins away lol. hotel is the best spot as you can walk to plenty of great spots to eat around there.
2. On Tuesday me and my buddy that flew in from Dallas had all day time to kill since show was not till that night and decided to play the tourist role...he had never been
3. Hit up Green Room i think is the name - bad ass dispensary around 11am
4-Walked to Millennium Park and saw the Bean and all the other cool stuff down in that area and walked to Navy Pier.
5-Everywhere was super clean - no homeless and no trash anywhere to be seen- not even a cup or cigarrette butt in all the miles we walked in that area. was so clean and cool down there.
6- Buddy is from Dallas and could not believe how awesome the area was since he had never been and had preconceived thoughts about chicago which ended up being the opposite of what he had initially thought.
7-took uber over to Wrigley and bopped around the whole area and that was awesome except the bars and restaurants were not open around 1 on a Tuesdayfor some reason. could not get food or a drink.
8-leave wrigley area and our uber driver tells us about a place he loves called michaels tavern for good pizza so we have him take us there. pizza was incredible - f ing incredible! when they say deep dish feeds 1-2 that means 1-2 chris farleys...it was massive!
9- also uber driver must have thought me and my buddy were a couple. on the way to Michaels tavern he said hey i dont care who you love or who you are with- so if you want to have fun head over to Boys town. I immediately thought of mexico. but no apparently there is a whole strip of bars, restaurants and clubs right by wrigley for gay folks to go party and is well known. we laughed our asses off cause he thought we were a couple ( not thats there is anything wrong with that) and we can party anywhere.
10- hit up house of blues around 6pm for VIP meet and greet and come to find out the tickets i had bought were only for the VIP meet and greet and not the concert! luckily after talking they said there were 11 tickets left and we got to buy two or the whole fing trip would have been for not!
11- hands down a top 3 concert i have ever seen- and i have seen a bunch. get tears in my eyes rewatching videos my buddy took and just it was so bad ass. if you know finch which i am gueesing 98.2% dont- you will know what i mean.
12-overslept for our flight the next day and had to rush to o-hare and i was literally the last person on.

I say all this to say this - Chicago is a bad ass city! If I was single I would totally live there. Also if you love music like I do always go with your gut! I thought about backing out of this trip 10 times - now that i did it i have put in my will i want to be buried with the footage from the show.

Love that town! Always follow your music and heart!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News