ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Starting a new business. Can you spare a few minutes to help a Red Raider out?

ABQredraider

Rookie Red Raider
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2013
Although I’ve never been a frequent poster on this board, I’ve been a redraidersports.com member for a little over ten years. During that time, I’ve typically checked this board at least once a day, if not a lot more, because reading the threads on here gives me a sense of community, enjoyment, and insight that is hard to match. I also really like the break from the rest of life. In the past, I’ve seen this Red Raider community really step up and support fellow Red Raiders in their different pursuits. I am hopeful the group can do that for me this time.

I’ve been thinking about starting a business for a few years, but have finally decided to do it. It’s been a long, difficult journey. Shortly after I graduated from Tech’s law school, I had multiple bouts with cancer and a bunch of side effects from treatment, including a spinal cord injury that paralyzed me. Since then, I’ve had to relearn how to do just about everything in life from a wheelchair. After my health stabilized, I got a chance to restart my career. To gain confidence and find my place in the law over the last few years, I’ve worked as a lawyer for a nonprofit, a state appellate court judge, and then the Patent and Trademark Office (PTO). I will celebrate ten years in remission from cancer this fall.

Now that I’ve proved to myself that I can still work and contribute to a legal team, I’d like to pursue my personal dream of owning and operating my own law firm. It’s taken me much longer to get here and it definitely looks a lot different than I expected, but I feel really good about where things are headed right now. To make sure my firm will be set up for success, I’ve been working with a couple different programs designed to support startup business, including the Texas Opportunity & Justice Incubator (TOJI).

And that brings me to the reason why I’m making this post. One of the startup programs I'm working with has requested that I ask people to answer a brief “survey” about the services my law firm will initially offer. The survey is only eight or nine questions long and is largely multiple choice. I think it will only take a few minutes to complete. If you have a few spare minutes, would you mind completing the survey at this link?

***Edit: I removed the link to the customer survey that was in this location because this board helped me meet minimum requirements for responses and I'm told further responses could throw off future reports. Thank you everyone who responded in this thread or completed the survey!

Thank you. Let me know if you have any questions.

TLDR: I'm working with a program designed to support startup business while I start a law firm. Will you help me meet program requirements by completing a Google survey?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News