ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Prayers.

JustinH2006

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2017
Today, 14 years ago to this exact date, I got to see my Christmas present from my grandma for the first time at home after I picked her out Thanksgiving 2008. A beautiful tri-color beagle, I named Abigail Sue. My grandma bought her for me as a present since I lived by myself at the time my first year at Texas Tech. Fast forwards to today, and I had to say goodbye to her. My wife, sister, and brother-in-law got to be present as we took her in. Due to some issues back in 2016, she came to live with my sister in KC and has resided with her since, stepping up to love her just as much as I did. Back in September of this year, she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer that impeded her airway. Thanks to Kansas State Vet program, my sweet Abby got to live a few more months. This year has been so hard on my family. January 10th of this year, my Dad succumbed to his cancer. In September, my mom called to tell us my Dad’s German Shepard died at 7 years old, also of cancer. Both dogs were my Dad’s two favorite dogs in our family.

Just asking for prayers for my family, as this has just been a heartbreaking year. Hug your animals tight, give them an extra treat, and love them forever. I’m still in utter shock that today was the last day I got to see the best Christmas present I ever received.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News