ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Legal Advice on Chargebacks - Suddenlink/Optimum Complaint Thread

visegrips

Red Raider
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2018
I have been a Suddenlink/Optimum customer for years....so my dad passed away in December 2021. His house had Suddenlink service at the time of his death. I started putting most of his bills on autopay through my credit card because I had enough to deal with everywhere else. He was also going through a divorce at the time of his death and so instead of a divorcee she became a widow which made for an even larger nightmare. So...with that said she got the main house in the settlement that we had and she sold the house in June 2022. I called to cancel the service with Suddenlink on June 8th, 2022 and was told everything was good and cancelled. I had multiple Suddenlink/Optimum accounts at the time and always saw the Optimum charges but didn't think anything about it. Finally in January I realized that they were still charging my card. I called to figure out why and they said that the service was never cancelled and that they went ahead and cancelled it from that point and could only refund me for 2 months and that I would have to dispute with my card on the rest of the charges since June. Fast forward to the first of April and I received a bill from them for $485.97. I have called to tell them that I would not be paying it, and they always want to "educate" me on my money and how I will be paying the bill. That card is now expired that it was autodrafting on and they do not have my direct information to tie me to the account. The credit card ruled in my favor, but since they charged back Suddenlink they decided to debit the account and still say that I owe $485.97.

I just got off the phone with another billing person and they show where I called in on June 8th and "wanted to cancel" but did not finalize the cancellation which is just nuts to me. What would yall do? At this point I am going to let it go to collections and still not pay it and let it ruin a dead man's credit and if I have to sue them over small claims court, I will do it just to prove a point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News