ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I'd like to thank the little people

TylerHolloway

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2004
Houston, TX
Today during the game I crossed the 3:1 likes to post ratio. For an old timer that was here before likes were a thing, it has been a hard hole to dig out of. Seems like an occasion I need to thank some people that make it possible. I'd like to thank @culallen and @Brandon Bohannon , who have probably liked as many of my posts as anyone. I'd like to thank @twooth for his tireless efforts in game threads. I'd like to thank all the crap posters, who I know I can reply to and get 15 likes for pointing out how dumb your hot take is because most people on this board are reasonable and rational.

Most of all, I'd like to thank my wife and son. I could have been a caring and devoted husband and father, but instead I've amassed over 23,000 posts on an anonymous sports message board. Thank you for your sacrifice for me to be able to achieve this. Thank you, and good night. Tip your servers.

In all seriousness, appreciate this community. I've told this story a few times, but at Thanksgiving a couple years ago I mentioned to my dad and brother (on the OSU rivals site) some story about something from here and referenced what a poster did for a living. My brother was shocked that I would know that. As the conversation went on, he said there was only 1 or 2 people on that board he would even think about getting a beer with. Clearly, this is a very different community with GoFundMe's, get togethers, and helping people find jobs. Thanks to everyone for making this a great community.

TL;DR: I think I just pulled something patting myself on the back.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News