ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Final Interview Advice

Baby D Double T

Red Raider
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2018
Some may remember me starting a thread a year ago about cybersecurity and whether I should pursue a career in it after I left active-duty military. The overwhelmingly popular answer was yes, so I started pursuing a degree in cybersecurity at UTSA online. Well, fast forward to two weeks ago, I finally decided to rejoin the job market after a year off of work. One of the first jobs I interviewed for was a Level 1 Technician that is mostly remote. After the initial phone conversation with the HR manager, I was hooked! This job sounded like everything I was hoping for when I decided to pursue this career field. And the three interviews since then have done nothing but reinforce this idea. So much so that I have even declined other interviews to focus on this one. I now have a final interview with an executive tomorrow.

My questions are, is there anyone with experience in the field that has advice on this kind of interview? I'll be honest, prior to joining the Navy, I have only been hired by hiring managers and on-site managers. I have never had an interview with someone this high up in a company. What are they looking for in this type of setting? It'll be a remote interview. Do you think I'm going up against a bunch of other candidates at this point of the process as well?

Sorry for the long-winded post, I am just excited about this opportunity. It just seems like a dream job for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News