ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any Metal Building....Err Builders? In here?

shelbyrss12

Red Raider
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
I'm in the process of hopefully moving back to Texas within the next 6-12 months and in the debate of building vs buying. I was referred to some local builders in the area I am looking to move (central texas) and simply wanted to get a rough estimate on costs based on a sketch and square footage etc.

After initially saying they could do if I sent over my sketches they then sent me the number of their preferred architect and said they would need professional blueprints done before an estimate could be given. Obviously I know before any official bids can be placed and especially before an construction could happen I would need to pay for professional bluepints.....BUT I'm not looking to play $2500 just to find out if I want to build or not in the current materials economy. I explained I understood any rough estimate could change once I submitted blueprints down the road and they put in an official bid but I was just wanting to get an idea of if this process was right for me to even get that far or not....they just said no they can't give estimates without professional blueprints from this guy they gave me contact info for. It feels a bit like they just want me to invest a couple thousand bucks so I feel more compelled to continue with them having already put money in versus looking elsewhere. I get it from a business standpoint but also turned me off to wanted to work with them.

Is this just standard practice that I will have to get over even though it feels a bit grimy? Or Basically I am wondering if anyone in here could give me a rough estimate if I sent them what I was looking to have done? Or is that against professional code in someway?

And if you are located or service central Texas...yes I would consider you if this build comes to life. I'd prefer to spend money with a fellow Red Raider anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News