(Old Thread Bump) Prayers for my dad: Update 1/10/2019

culallen

King of the Kliffers
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
Pampa, TX
**I've made a 3/1 update at the end of this thread.**

Good morning, RRS.

I wanted to share this here because I’ve seen how a lot of you are so quick to offer prayers, and I believe in the power of corporate prayer. I also believe in the RRS family.

My dad has had a pacemaker/defibrillator since 2008. He’s 67. He had an episode of V-Tach last month, but with treatment and medication he returned to normal pretty quickly.

His defibrillator went off again yesterday morning and ended up shocking him twice at the house and 5 times at the hospital. The hospital staff had to shock him another handful of times trying to get his heart in rhythm. They ended up putting him under and flying him down to UT Southwestern where he is established as a heart failure patient of Dr. Robert Moreland. My sister and I drove down here last night.

They have him stabilized now, but he is still under for the time being. There was already a good chance that he was going to end up on a transplant list, and I’d imagine this event will likely land him there.

I’d appreciate your prayers. He is otherwise very healthy. No blockage in any arteries and is still very active when his heart allows it. Although he is officially an Oklahoma State Cowboy, his closet and his tuition bills for my sister, my brother and me would show that he is Red Raider through and through.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News