ADVERTISEMENT

My family had a rough day yesterday.

Air Raider

Red Raider
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2004
We came back home from our annual trip to Coushatta for my wifes birthday. Had a great time and picked up our 13 year old granddaughter on the way home to stay with us for the weekend. Got home and aired out the house because it was such a nice day. My wife took our 16 year old blind and deaf Pekinese out for some fresh air and the dog had much more energy than she had displayed in months. After we settled in I went out to my office/man cave in my garage to mix a drink and get ready to get caught up on what I missed on RRS after the loss in the tournament. I am about 10 minutes into it and I can hear my granddaughter crying her eyes out coming into the garage. She cries out that Sandy drowned in the pool. I go to the pool and my wife is trying to bring her back but it was too late.

It turns out my wife had left the back door open and I had left the sliding glass door to the pool open. We've done this before but the dog is always sleeping or stays in the living room. My wife fed our dog and went to do other things. I'm estimating within 1 minute that dog fell in the pool and we had probably 2 minutes to save her.

I want to remind everyone when you are around water this can happen with a child just as easy. If you own a pool or are around one don't get distracted from watching your child.

Most dogs can handle themselves for a while in a pool but this dog was just too old. We assumed she would not make it out back because she never had before. Let our eye off of her for what felt like a short time and it was too late.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News