ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: Minor update on Andrew Carr's visit

B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW
As reported earlier this week, Wake Forest transfer big man Andrew Carr visited Texas Tech yesterday. It was a 1 day visit.

I've been told the visit went really well and that Tech feels like they're strongly in the mix for Carr.

He is still expected to take his other scheduled visits to Kentucky (today) and Villanova (tomorrow).

Related: Great Osobor from Utah State is another big man that is scheduled to visit Kentucky and Texas Tech (and Louisville and Washington). Kentucky recently landed a commitment from top portal big Amari Williams. There was some thought that Kentucky was the prohibitive favorite for Osobor. However, I strongly question them being able to get all 3 of Amari Williams, Andrew Carr and Great Osobor. They will almost surely get 2 of that group (and Williams is already committed). Just something I'm keeping an eye on as this stuff plays out.

ICYMI coming on campus today are Minnesota point guard Elijah Hawkins and Indiana Wesleyan wing Javan Buchanan. Another guy I expect to visit in the near future is UNC Wilmington wing Trazarien White.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News