ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Micah Hudson at State 7v7 (UPDATE 2:22 PM)

B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW
Rockin’ the old backpack… but what does it mean?

Photo creds to @Cole Patterson

IMG_7020.jpeg

UPDATE 2:22 PM

Jason Suchomel from Orangebloods is obviously there in College Station and spoke with Micah. He just sent me the audio so all credit to him. Transciption below.

You did visit A&M while you're here?

"I'm going to."

Where do they fit in and what's your interest in A&M like?

"Coach (Dameyune) Craig is a good coach, and coach (Tony Jerod) Eddie, and they talk to me a lot. That relationship wise, you know what I mean? They're still staying in touch. Really just trying to get a feel, see more stuff, keep my eyes open. Just relax, you know what I mean?"

Let's talk Texas, you've been to Texas a bunch. Talk about the latest contact with Texas and where things kind of stand with Texas?

"Just hitting me up and stuff, seeing if I'm all good, you know? That's pretty much it though. Coach (Chris) Jackson, he hits me up a lot. Coach Sark (Steve Sarkisian) has been trying to hit me up a little bit. But coach Jackson really texts me a lot."

How did they respond when you said 'hey, I'm gonna delay this visit'? Were they cool about it and are they still gonna try to get you down there?

"Uhhh...shoot, my mom talked to them about it. I didn't even talk to them about it so."

Talk about Texas Tech. You just visited there last weekemd, what was that visit like and what do you like about Tech?

"It was a good time. I was able to really like get a confirmation that they're real. All the other recruits, they were feeling the same way when they go down there and stuff like that. So I know it's not only me that feels like I'm being treated right and stuff like that. Everybody is being treated right and I like that. I don't wanna see myself being different than anybody else. I wanna be treated just as good as a 2-star or a 1-star, whatever. I don't think it should be any different treatment and that's how it is at Texas Tech. They treat everybody the same."

What do you feel about what they're building there? Coach McGuire has got it trending in the right direction and a lot of people are picking them to be in the Big 12 championship.

"I feel like he's got a lot built up. These players wanna play for a good coach and they also wanna be coached up the right way, not just getting cussed out and stuff like that. They wanna be able to learn from the coaches and know what they're doing wrong. I feel like they do that a lot. They really break it down for you to understand and then also, they're gonna make sure you're good as a person as well. I feel like that's a pretty big thing that a lot of recruits look out for and stuff like that. They're not just gonna go to a college just because they're a powerhouse and stuff like that or just because they have fancy cars. That stuff really doesn't matter. I'm chill, laid back and not into all that stuff."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News