ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: McGuire Notebook: BYU pres. by Energy Renovation Center

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Interesting stuff from head coach Joey McGuire, I would listen to the full thing if you have the time.

INJURIES:
Back this weekend: DB Brayln Lux, LB Bryce Ramirez
Game-time decisions: QB Behren Morton, TE Mason Tharp, DB CJ Baskerville, LG Cole Spencer, LB Miquel Dingle
Likely Out: LB Jacob Rodriguez

On Rodriguez:

"I was gonna put him his game time. I really think it's gonna be TCU. He's running now but we want him to be 100%." McGuire said. "Jacob and I talked about it last week and we're like, okay, if you're not back for BYU, and you are for TCU do we play three of the four you know, and and take the red shirt. And so, it's been discussed, we're talking about it. You know, we'll both make that decision and what's best for him and the team and it's always good if we had Jacob for two more years not counting this year."

On Behren and QB depth chart for the weekend:

"Yeah, so Behren I mean, he's really sore sign this morning's and getting treatment. Jake, we feel really good about Jake. Brady Boyd will take the second team reps and we got a couple of guys, you know, trying to decide who that third guy will be a travel because you go into 70 man roster in Big 12, so it'll depend."

On Behren's injury:

"Well, he's got a really you know that last hit, he's got a really sore back. I mean, we should have got the ball thrown away, right away. We didn't. Took an unnecessary hit right there between the shoulder blades. He's dealing with a lot of aches and pains because those three shots were pretty heavy. The concern though is shoulder you know, making sure that he could be the percentage he was going into Houston and he wasn't there on Saturday...he wasn't concussed."

On Play calling:

"I mean, we're different. Definitely. We're different from the first two games than we are now and you know it's a mixture. I mean, I think one of the things coming out of the game on Saturday, really challenged the guys to be more physical in the routes and and whenever things break down. You go back in that game and some are receivers I thought got pushed around. Because we are running the football more than what we have in the past, you know what's more, instead of the true air-raid, spread and get more play action, stuff like that. So we did throw the ball more because we were behind this last week, but I think you're seeing more of that."

On passing the ball in second half:

"It was a bit of a mixture since we did run the ball, just some with Cam'ron. Yeah, late whenever we got down 31-21 We're trying to you know, get back in the game. Without a doubt, you go look back and look, I read it off in our meeting yesterday. Tahj had nine carries in the second half, one carry for one yard to pick up a first down but everything else was three or more yards, we've definitely got to lean on our run game."

On BYU:

"You know, it's gonna be interesting as far as them running football, a lot like with Coach Grimes coming from BYU. So you're gonna get some of the wide zone. They do a little bit of pin and pull, you're gonna get some insert like inside zone, got young running backs. You know, like they're starting freshman quarterback actually, you know from El Paso and West Texas kid. They've also got a seasoned vet at quarterback, DeRuyter played against him when he was at USC."

The OFFICIAL solar panel installer of RedRaiderSports.com!
www.energyrenovationcenter.com
Why Energy Renovation Center?
Energy Renovation Center is a DFW based solar installation company which prides itself on quality installation and customer service. Let’s give you an answer of “Why ERC” . We pay close attention to detail when it comes to taking care of our clients. Moreover, an excellent customer experience is what we strive for with every install. If something doesn’t go as planned, we always work hard to correct anything that needs attention. Moreover, we take 100% pride in everything we do. That is why we do not outsource, from educating homeowners in the community to designing a custom system and installing it right the first time! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Clayton Summerlin
Energy Renovation Center
TDLR Lic# 35068 | CSLB Lic# 10093262016
E Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 409 Arlington, TX 76011
claytons@energyrenovationcenter.com
EARN $500 FOR EACH FRIEND THAT GOES SOLAR WITH US!Energy Renovation Center has paid out over $1.2 million to our users! Tell a friend. Get paid!

• Wow
Reactions: DCSteveJ913
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News