ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: McGuire Notebook After Today's Press Conference pres. by Energy Renovation Center

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Lot to go over, per usual when we speak with Joey...

Some injury notes:

Ty Buchanan is back - "It's good to see some guys, you know, Ty Buchanan, we won't scrimmage him on Saturday. I feel like we won't scrimmage on Saturday but he'll get a full two weeks. Getting ready for Wyoming."

On Ty Matthews: "He looks really good. Again, we won't scrimmage him on Saturday. Just you know we don't want to push that calf in a live scrimmage yet"

On health overall: "We've got bumps and bruises. We've had crazy injuries. You know, like, y'all saw Steve (Linton) in a cast but he's been great. It'll be a deal where he'll probably wear that cast for the first couple of games and hopefully be able to come out of it. Bryson Donnell, man, he's in a cast, but it will be in a really small cast. Again, it's a thumb, nonsurgical and so he'll be in a smaller cast once we get closer to Wyoming."

On the Matthew Young move to TE: "So that was one injury coming out of Saturday that we, you know, we weren't sure yet. Charlie Robinson got hurt, had to have surgery on his ankle. And so the depth that we have in certain areas, we always ask guys hey, look there's a better chance for you to get on the field this way. He's actually working with like, the threes and fours at tight end, been really proud of him. And he's, he's eager."

On who will be getting those reps for the injured players in scrimmages: "Miquel Dingle has gotten a ton of reps with the No. 2 group so that's been really good, you're growing up a freshman that's extremely talented really, really fast...Jacoby Jackson has played guard, he has played tackle. And then yesterday we had a goal line, live situation and he was our heavy tight end. And so it's been really impressive...So we've actually used, with Ty (Buchanan) out, we've actually used Seth Martin he's been playing guard, which that's his normal position and Jacoby has been playing tackle and really has done a great job."

On youth in the secondary: "You know, they're mid year freshmen so it shows up because they know the defense but you know the three DB's, Chapman (Lewis) and BJ Jordan and Jordan Sanford have all done really good. But a local guy that I just think is going to be a star, again, we'll see how much he plays as a freshman but Marcus Ramon Edwards is, man he is really a special athlete. He's very serious about football. It's so, man, I'm really excited about him."

On addition of Bralyn Lux and how he's pushing the secondary: "It's really good to see Lux, he's a really good football player. He's a huge pickup. He is pushing both Malik (Dunlap) and Shad (Rayshad Williams). Shad's having a good camp and he is really pushing those guys for a starting position, you know, and I feel great about him. We've put in all of our dime defense, and so it's good to see him covering the slot. And he's done a really good job there."

On LBs: "Yeah, the two starters man like Jacob Rodriguez, year two of playing strictly linebacker very instinctual. He does a great job in coverage. But I think those two guys have really stood out. By the time we get into that game week and go into the game, you're gonna see like a Ben Roberts really show up, you're gonna see Ty (Kana) really show up, but those two starters man, I feel really good about it like there's there's definitely been days to where you're like, Okay, we have a possibility to be better at that position than we were last year."

Some early scout notes on Wyoming: "I'm so excited. I mean, you're talking about a coach that's won national championships. You know, I think he won three whenever he was North Dakota State so he's a great football coach. They're very physical. They play with what we're trying to play with. They're a very tough football team. We're a week away from really diving into more of them. We, as far as coaches and everything, have watched them. Our kids ask all the time about them because it's really, they're focused on them, but it's going to be a really physical I mean, it'll be a really physical football game."

The OFFICIAL solar panel installer of RedRaiderSports.com!
www.energyrenovationcenter.com
Why Energy Renovation Center?
Energy Renovation Center is a DFW based solar installation company which prides itself on quality installation and customer service. Let’s give you an answer of “Why ERC” . We pay close attention to detail when it comes to taking care of our clients. Moreover, an excellent customer experience is what we strive for with every install. If something doesn’t go as planned, we always work hard to correct anything that needs attention. Moreover, we take 100% pride in everything we do. That is why we do not outsource, from educating homeowners in the community to designing a custom system and installing it right the first time! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Clayton Summerlin
Energy Renovation Center
TDLR Lic# 35068 | CSLB Lic# 10093262016
E Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 409 Arlington, TX 76011
claytons@energyrenovationcenter.com
EARN $500 FOR EACH FRIEND THAT GOES SOLAR WITH US!Energy Renovation Center has paid out over $1.2 million to our users! Tell a friend. Get paid!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News