ADVERTISEMENT

McGuire contract

dblt

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
May 25, 2004
Lbk, Tx
The carousel and buyouts have me wondering about a few things (not suggesting anything one way or the other, just wondering about our particular situation)....

-First of all, what is Joey's buyout? I'm sure it's been mentioned but not finding it.
-Original contract was 6 years at a little over 3M per.
-After 8-5 season it was renewed at a bit over 4M per, increasing by 100K each (plus incentives) again for 6 years.
-Where does his pay rank within the new Big 12? (I'm guessing middling/upper middling maybe).

So, what happens this year? Does 6-7 or 7-6 after bowl matter? Will it be extended to keep it at 6 years? Apparently that contract period is/was important to Kirby or Joey, or both. A raise, or no raise? In other words...if nothing is done will there be the 'uh oh' responses? If it is extended, will there be 'what are we doing, we were 6-6' responses? We kinda set this 6 year precedent (twice) so it seems like a bit of an issue for Kirby to deal with. Maybe no 'issue' at all and 6 year 'renewal' is automatic (ish) every year....and donors are ok with it. A raise is another story I guess. Gotta stay competitive in the market.

Any way, just wondering what your thoughts are as to the appropriate action and/or expected action. Or maybe no 'action' at all. I really don't know, but I tend to think it will be kept at six years. I'll be curious to see how this works.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News