ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: McCasland Notebook: Red Raiders fall to Baylor in Waco

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Courtesy of Level & the radio show per usual. Getting quotes from a Baylor beat writer so I will add those when I get them...

Take me through it:

"I thought our ball movement early in the game was disruptive with their early change in defenses and I thought our defense was solid, and we just couldn't grab a rebound. They had 10 offensive rebounds in the first half that kind of kept them in it felt like if we could come up with a few of those and got out in transition, we could have maybe got ourselves a little separation in a building like this. It feels like you have to have separation, going late in the game. And then start the second half. We were obviously pretty severe foul trouble. At just about, you know, all the forward positions. So anybody that has size, with that kind of foul trouble and their ability to get to the free throw line, then you got to be really strong with the basketball and you got to make great decisions. And I thought when they changed a bunch of defense's, I thought we handled it well in the second half and then they went to a switch and we really panicked and just shot some really bad shots and turned the ball over in some scenarios where we needed to get great shots and things that we can learn from but really the biggest problem was just our inability to get stops in the second half and that that really has to do with our our lack of physicality and depth in a game like this really was obvious."

On Kye'Ron & Jennings:

"Yeah, I mean it's one thing to get minutes it's one thing to be good and um, you know, and obviously we weren't tonight so you know, get back to it and so I told him in there, man, it's hard when you're racking these games up like we're racking them up. You need practice, honestly, and when you when you're in these kinds of situations not being able to practice going into this game really hurt us just to trying to get those guys with an understanding of what we want them to do. And yeah, so I was really thankful for our fight though. I thought our fight at the end of the game was what it needed to be. We didn't hang our heads. A few of those timeouts, it looked like they were trying to see if we wanted to keep playing. They made a few easy baskets. I'd ran out of timeouts at the six minute mark. They made a little run or I would've called another one. But we couldn't get to the media fast enough. They scored a few baskets just you know that kind of separated us because of our lack of real fight. Then we kind of came back and regrouped at that last media and I felt like last three and a half minutes. You could see there was some more grit to our team. So just got to be better defensively. And that's kind of been the sore subject of our team. Here in the last few games is how do we get better defensively and how do we continue to figure out a way to get better on the on the glass?"

The OFFICIAL solar panel installer of RedRaiderSports.com!
www.energyrenovationcenter.com
Why Energy Renovation Center?
Energy Renovation Center is a DFW based solar installation company which prides itself on quality installation and customer service. Let’s give you an answer of “Why ERC” . We pay close attention to detail when it comes to taking care of our clients. Moreover, an excellent customer experience is what we strive for with every install. If something doesn’t go as planned, we always work hard to correct anything that needs attention. Moreover, we take 100% pride in everything we do. That is why we do not outsource, from educating homeowners in the community to designing a custom system and installing it right the first time! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Clayton Summerlin
Energy Renovation Center
TDLR Lic# 35068 | CSLB Lic# 10093262016
E Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 409 Arlington, TX 76011
claytons@energyrenovationcenter.com
EARN $500 FOR EACH FRIEND THAT GOES SOLAR WITH US!Energy Renovation Center has paid out over $1.2 million to our users! Tell a friend. Get paid!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News