ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: McCasland Notebook: Red Raiders fall on the road in Ft. Worth

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Once again, via @C. Level's convo with Grant on the radio broadcast...

Opening Statement:

"Yea ultimately, rebounding got us. They got too many second chance points. I've got to do a better job with our lineups, knowing who we have and making sure we have guys out there who know how to win. In games like this where it's physical and they're scoring and I did a terrible job in this one."

On Toussaint:

"Well it's a long season and they do a good job of getting two on the ball. It's kind of like how do you deliver it? He's inbetween right now, trying to figure out how to assert himself to score and trying to distribute. He's got a fighters spirit, he'll be fantastic. A big part of what we do offensively and defensively. He'll get it going, he had nine assists and was making some good plays. I think we got into situations with their length that makes us second guess what we're doing. I've got to do a better job as a coach giving us a better plan."

On shooting & handling TCU:

"That's not going to be the issue with this team. These guys share the ball and make the right play for each other and guys can shoot and score. Ultimately if you're going to let a team shoot 55% from three and get 14 second chance points on 12 offensive rebounds, it's just going to be difficult. On my part I've got to do a better job of trying to help find lineups that can do both getting stops and can score."

On coming back home:

"Ultimately, you better be prepared for the next one. The competitiveness that's required to do this is about how you respond when things get difficult and they made it difficult. Give them credit, they made some great plays and they've got great athletes. They put you in tough situations and we've got to learn from this and get better."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News