ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: McCasland Notebook - Post-Texas pres. by Treeline Vacation Rentals

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Comments courtesy of the postgame interview from the radio broadcast...

Opening thoughts:

"First of all, we knew coming in here this would be a very difficult environment to play in and it was. Texas has a real physical team. They present a lot of problems specifically on the offensive glass, and they beat us there. Lets be honest, they were more physical than us. The majority of their possessions were off of our turnovers and they had a ton of second chance points. I felt like if we could not turn the ball over and not leave them out in transition, I felt like we could score on 'em. It was just, how do we rebound when we get a stop? And it proved to be a problem but I was thrilled. In the first half when we went on that run, I thought Rob Jennings was a big part of that. Jus tplayed great. We kind of stretched the lead. In the second half, when we got the lead, we found a way to separate with some tough plays. I thought Darrion Williams and-one was a big play and just our ability to get to the free throw line was huge. We didn't get it done on the rebounding but we did from the line and that was the difference."

On team's execution:

"I thought our energy to commit to what we were doing was part of it. We strayed away early, we let the environment dictate what we were doing and got down trying to do some things. We hit the reset and our connected commitment to what the gameplan was, was the difference. Warren was a big part of it. Their forwards are great so Warren had to be a great defender today and he was. He was also 5 for 5 and 5 for 8 from the line, so he did it on both ends. On Shedrick, his defense, and Cunningham didn't have a basket. On Disu, his baskets were limited and it's attributed to Warren."

On how the team shut down the run late with their experience:

"You've got to start with Joe Toussaint, he did a great job of managing the game. He had four fouls and we had to calm him down. He had some great stops and passes, he didn't force it. We were able to get enough stops and we hit some free throws down the stretch."

IMG_5914.jpeg

Be sure to book with TreeLine Vacation Rentals if you are in need of a Broken Bow, Oklahoma cabin rental. All Red Raiders get a $200.00 discount (enter code RRS) and direct booking with no additional fees.

TreeLine Vacation Rentals – Broken Bow, OK

Craig Crawford (@crawfordTT)
214-228-0892

TreeLine Owner craig@vacationtreeline.com

TreeLine can also build, sell & manage investment properties in Broken Bow -- one of the best investment opportunities in the nation right now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News