ADVERTISEMENT

Masked Rider Open-T&F

Baby D Double T

Red Raider
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2018
I'm not @ttuvault615 or RRTL so my knowledge is not as vast as theirs but I do pay attention to T&F results every single year and enjoyed RRTL's posts recapping the meets. So just going to post updates that I find positive when I run across them. This weekend there is a small meet in town which is pretty standard.

Discus thrower (transfer) Devin Roberson tosses the puck 59.13 meters (194 ft) which would have landed him in the Top 8 at nationals this year. I believe he has a best throw of 197 feet on the year (didn't look it up, just going off of memory) which would have placed him top 5 at last year's nationals. Sophomore Jacob Mechler has already tossed a throw of 55.39 meters (181.7 feet), a throw that would've been good enough for 3rd place in the Big 12 last year. If both continue to improve and don't have an immemorable performance at the conference meet, I expect to see big points in the discus. Last year we got 8 points at the conference meet and I can't see why we can't expect at least 15 this year.

Women's discus saw Malin Smith toss 54.96 (180.3 ft) meters which would have been good for a top 5 finish at conference last year.

Garrett Wade finished top 3 in the Javelin throw and looks to be picking up where he left off with a toss of 64.53 meters (211 feet 8 inches). I expect he will surpass his 218 foot mark at the conference meet last year as he gets back into the groove.

Today's portion of the meet is still kicking off so I'm sure I'll be able to post some more positive updates later. Not too sure if it'll be today or tomorrow since I will be out with the wife tonight. I have to do a bunch of yard work and house cleaning before the sitter gets here in a few hours. Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News