ADVERTISEMENT

Looking for a vehicle for first time teenage driver

VivaTerlingua

Matador
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2010
Lake Highlands, TX
Youngest daughter is dragging her feet on getting all of her driving lessons done and completing her license, but we will probably need some kind of vehicle for her soon. So, thought I would put it out to my RRS brethren and see what might be out there, especially after flipping through page after page on Facebook Marketplace and seeing nothing good. I'm not sure if the market has turned around on used vehicles yet or not, but I'm surprised prices for used cars aren't more reasonable. Plus, everything I find on FB has either ridiculously high miles or, after thinking it's a great deal, says "rebuilt title due to slight damage", which I will avoid like the plague. That, and anything where the description is in Spanish, which means the low price is just the down payment that the used car lot down on Jim Miller road uses to sucker you in with.

I'm basically looking for something that isn't overly embarrassing for her to drive but definitely not swag-mobile territory. I'm thinking along the lines of a Camry or other 4-door sedan that every parent sticks their teenage girl in, but I wouldn't rule out an SUV, just something for her to drive for a few years and then move up to something newer if she doesn't wreck the first one. A one-owner car from someone on here would be ideal.

I am in Dallas but open to something within 3-4 hours away for the right vehicle. And, anybody who's gone through this recently, tell me what to expect in this market.

Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News