ADVERTISEMENT

LIVE UPDATES: Tre'Vante Porter announces college decision (STORY UP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A. Dickens

Jedi Master
Staff
Jan 20, 2004
Lubbock
We're still two hours away from Midwest City (OK) Carl Albert CB Tre'Vante Porter announcing his college decision, but wanted to go ahead and get this thread started.

As we detailed yesterday, Porter will be revealing his choice -- either Oklahoma State or Texas Tech -- at 11 a.m during a press conference at his high school.

There has been a slight change in plans in terms of covering the event. OStateIllustrated.com.

UPDATE, 10:40 a.m.: Just got our first update from OKVarsity.com's Justin Mitchell. He is en route and is approximately five minutes away from Carl Albert High School.

My understanding is that he'll have video coverage and a photo gallery up sometime after the press conference. So we'll have that stuff linked if Tre'Vante Porter chooses Texas Tech.

UPDATE, 10:58: a.m.: Just got word that OKVarsity.com's Justin Mitchell had a bit of trouble finding the gym, but is there now and is setting up his equipment.

UPDATE, 11:05 a.m.: Just got another update from OKVarsity.com's Justin Mitchell:

In addition to Rivals.com, The Oklahoman, some TV news stations are there.

Justin has setup his equipment. Carl Albert head coach Gary Rose is talking to Tre'Vante Porter right now and people are starting to filter in from the high school.

Justin has spoken with a few people and they all seem to think that Porter is leaning towards OSU.

Things should be getting started momentarily.

UPDATE, 11:07 a.m.: Just got word from OKVarsity.com's Justin Mitchell.

Tre'Vante Porter is a Red Raider, folks.

"It's always been in my heart to go to OSU, but I chose Texas Tech."

He put on a Texas Tech shirt after announcing.
This post was edited on 8/26 11:12 AM by A. Dickens
This post was edited on 8/26 12:08 PM by A. Dickens

Porter makes the call

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News