ADVERTISEMENT

Lithium Batteries in ADT Alarm Systems small window sensor

JBeaty

Matador
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2010
My first set of lithium batteries in my small window sensors on ADT alarm systems lasted nearly 6 years and I had them all replaced in December 2020. One of the replacements is low now in less than 2 years. Also the sensor in my Smoke Detector went low in September and it was installed at the same time and I have replaced. ADT is coming Wednesday to replace the one sensor. I have never before this had any Lithium Battery go out in less the 2 years. Most other batteries I have in my home are alkaline and they last longer than that. Just wonder if anyone else has had that problem lately with Lithiums. Most lithiums last at least 3 years. I was told when I asked that the lithiums in the small window sensors lasted at least 5 years which they did. Anyone else had problems with this and should I get them to replace all the ones that were put in less than 2 years ago rather than pay a service charge if they have to keep coming out to replacing them. If they only replace one if another on goes out any time soon I will have them replace all of them. This is a pain in the ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News