ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty Hill PD shot and killed my unarmed cousin

Mustang Power

Techsan
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2001
Original story:

My understanding from speaking with family members (and some PD members) is that Jackson ran into someone's mailbox in a rural-ish area near Liberty Hill (North Austin/Georgetown) area if you're unfamiliar) and tried to walk down their driveway to let them know what happened, which somehow resulted in an altercation of some kind. The property owner detained him (not exactly sure how, assuming forcibly) and called the cops on him for trespassing. Somehow after the officer arrived, an altercation ensued that resulted in officer Esteban Gomez-Sanchez shooting Jackson, who subsequently died at the hospital.

The altercation was caught on the officer's body cam, but I'm told that the Liberty Hill PD has steadfastly refused to release the footage to Jackson's father or anyone else for that matter, including any of the officers of the courts involved. I can't imagine what possibly could have happened that made one scrawny, not at all physically intimidating 20-something kid a lethal threat to at least 2 other grown, armed men, one of which had successfully subdued him prior to the officer's arrival.

This hasn't been reported in the news, but there has been some extreme tension between the family and the Liberty Hill PD in the direct aftermath of this. Jackson's father is a retired special forces sniper and one of the all-around baddest mf'ers I've ever known, and his entire squad all hopped on flights to Austin after this incident went down. Liberty Hill police chief supposedly responded with some intimidation tactics that included multiple officers driving by the place they had all met up at to discuss what to do (no violent acts of reprisal were ever on the table, just so you know). Very strange behavior.

At any rate, the officer in question has now been cleared of any wrongdoing (****ing shocker there) in yet another case of "we investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong" bullshit, but that was all but expected.

Screenshot in case the FB link doesn't work:

image.png.f4122e7ce100dd083d22b0d66f75d41a.png

What can we do so shit like this stops happening???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News