ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas Game Thoughts

dedfischer

Techsan
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2002
- Don’t care how it went down just elated to get a win. One trend of a McGuire team that could be developing is that they get better throughout the season. That’s an outstanding trait for the long term if it holds.

- If I had to pick the best NFL prospect on this roster, it’s unequivocally sophomore guard Jacoby Jackson. I have to go back to Louis Vasquez to find an interior player this impressive early in his career. He’s way beyond where guys like Brandon Carter, Lonnie Edwards and Jack Anderson were at the same respective points. Jackson has a lot of money on the line in a couple weeks against UT’s DL, specifically D’Vondre Sweat. Jackson may ultimately project as a left tackle for this program given his size and athleticism, but right now his physical tools are translating into one of the most dominant young guards in all of college football. Big, strong, athletic, physical and a great feel for the game in finding blocking targets. Most talented player on this roster as it stands right now.

- Speaking of talent, Joseph Adedire is still developing as a consistent pass rusher but he’s already a good to elite run defender.

- Jacob Rodriguez had his sea legs back under him this week and I’m not so sure that his injury had as much impact on our defense as the QB injuries had to our offense. He is a really, really, really good LB.

- CJ Baskerville rebounded well from a rough first outing at a new position. Much improved this week at playing with good leverage.

- Zack Kittley has made significant strides the last two weeks. He was outstanding in the first half, which very well should have resulted in 21 points if not for an unnecessary holding infraction and a terrible throw/decision by Morton. The second half had some bizarre drives that could have ended in positive results but were limited by player execution. They weren’t bad calls. I liked the timing on most of our hitch screens but the blocking personnel choices in many instances was a bit of a head scratcher.

- DeRuyter called a masterful game against one of the most difficult offenses to prepare for in the country. The run fits were extremely well coached and prepared for and it didn’t seem like Kansas had as many rushing yards as they did. I would like Kittley to study the Kansas OC’s tape a little more in the offseason as this guy is interesting to say the least. I don’t even know his name without googling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News