ADVERTISEMENT

Just some thoughts this afternoon...

VMredraider12

Baylor Hater
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2011
Been a busy day and haven't had much time to put my thoughts down on the past several days... I'm sure most, if not all, have been addressed at some point throughout last night or this morning.

1) The overall atmosphere. Not necessarily the crowd inside the stadium. But the atmosphere from Saturday evening of whipping Mississippi State's ass, to the students immediately beginning to camp out that night, to the Raiderville tailgate, to the game itself. Phenomenal. Absolutely well done by all involved. Shoutout to guys like @PrevostRaider, @Wr3ck3m, the guys at Two Docs (someone tag him. Cant remember the handle), Joey McGuire, the admin, our athletics' teams, etc. for helping to create an unforgettable environment for our students the past several days.

2) I got to be a part of the two week Raiderville camp in 2008 before the Texas and OSU games. Still something I talk about these days. It always seemed like there was a "Raiderville Mayor" back then who kept track of the population of the camp. I dont remember numbers, but I would love to know what the population was yesterday morning when camp broke and students got in line. Whatever it was in '08, I dont imagine came anywhere close to what it was yesterday.

3) The crowd. Freakin awesome. Well done students (and all other fans.). Man. They were loud, wild, crazy, hostile... But smart as well. Props to guys like Adams, McGuire, Tariq, Norense, @Wr3ck3m and Raider Riot for getting the message out about positively supporting this team. Jeff Goodman noted in a tweet that our home court advantage had to "account for at least 8 points" last night. I'd like to give more credit to our team than that... but if I did, I sure do feel like I'd be taking deserved credit away from our fans.

4) Its damn fun to scroll through twitter today and see virtually every local, regional and national sports media member, as well as other sports figures raving about not only the atmosphere and crowd but our team as well.

5) Mark Adams. Effing stud. What a fighter.

6) It's not going to happen every night. But if you get 19/17/16 every night from the combo of McCullar, Obanor and Williams, this team will play a long, long ways into the tournament. And thats not to mention, that there will be nights we get those numbers from Shannon as well.

7) Marcus Santos-Silva had a very loud 7 points and 6 boards. Proud of that guy for the game he played last night.

8) Davion Warren was big time too. 10 points.

9) Adonis Arms always finds a way to impact the game. Last night it didn't get a lot of attention because he only had one point. But the dude grabbed 9 boards.

10) Hit our FT's when it mattered.

11) We shot 47% on FGs to their 40% and 42% from 3 pt range to their 26%.

12) Out-rebounded them 37-28. +5 on offense. +4 on defense.

13) Had 13 assists to their 10.

14) 9 steals to their 7.

15) 7 blocks to their 2.

16) Some will say the score was worse than it appeared, but we beat their ass up and down the stat sheet.

17) Cant wait till Feb 19th to do it again.

18) We led for the final 38.5 minutes of the game last night.

19) According to ESPN's gamecast win probability meter, our lowest percentage chance to win the game last night was 66%... at tip off. Chance of winning only grew from there.

20) And last but not least, I'm so glad Mark Adams and Sean Sutton didn't get on that plane.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News