ADVERTISEMENT

Insurance Question

whittb14

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2013
So had the hail storm on May 25 here in Allen. Just got my estimate back finally and it’s absurdly low, left off tons of items, only trying to replace parts of the roof bs the whole roof, pricing just absurd etc etc.

I’ve got a call into the guy to talk about it but curious to if y’all have any strategies how to fight insurance companies. I’m guessing I need to just start getting quotes for everything and sending them in.

This dude already told me some numbers and damages on a recorded line and didn’t include them so I’m hoping he is open ears. I mean he didn’t even include replacing the 11 panels he saw enough damage on them to replace, 4 of which look like someone took a baseball bat to.

Also is there an official way to have the claim escalated to a different adjuster? This guy told me he has a 5k cap on what he can settle without approval so my guess is he’s just in way way over his head with this claim. It’s taken awhile to get the estimate because he’s been waiting on 3 levels of approvals above him to sign off on the estimate.

My hope is this guy listens and makes massive adjustments, and I mean doubling it. I know my roofer will also be an advocate and I can always hire a public adjuster but just wanting to get ahead of this as much as possible.

Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News