ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: Immediate Reaction & Morning After Thoughts after TCU

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Really raw thoughts coming at you.

-Texas Tech should’ve won that one, that was a horrific melt down from the team.

-Obanor played his worst game as a Red Raider, and it showed in the score. Really needed him to have any kind of positive impact.

-Turnovers were a problem earlier in the year and they’re back. 23 in the game and 15 in the second half. Just awful. You win that game if you can just not turn the ball over 3-4 less times.

-Pop shot inefficiently but hit so many big threes. It’s much worse without his effort today.

-Harmon has been really bad shooting wise from the field of late and he was again today. 4-14 from the field.

-Free throws killed you. 9-18 from the line today but it felt much worse. You miss four technical free throws. Just a massive missed opportunity.

-You really needed this one. Better hope you can play Kansas tight at home, or even win it, or things are going to get ugly quick. Just a super frustrating loss since you outplayed them for the first 30 minutes of the game.

EDIT: ANYTHING BELOW THIS WAS ADDED 1/1

-After sleeping on this one, I'm a bit encouraged. Tech looked like a much different team for the first 30 minutes, scoring buckets, playing great defense, and playing with pace.

-Kevin Obanor, your leading scorer, had the worst game of his collegiate career. If he has any kind of positive impact, you likely win that game handedly.

-Tech improved analytically after the loss. KP, NET, and RPI all look better. KP Def. Efficiency is up to No. 22 in the nation, and that team yesterday looked like it for the first half hour of play.

-The turnovers have been a problem all year, but they were cleaned up before and I'm certain they can be cleaned up again.

-Doing some early KU prep, I think Tech matches up fairly well and with a chance to rebound on your home floor, I like their chances.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News