ADVERTISEMENT

STORY: Immediate Post-Texas Bowl Thoughts

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
-What a season. The Red Raiders have their best record since 2013 and back-to-back bowl wins for the first time since 06-07.

-Joey McGuire has this program going the right way and these guys are bought in.

-Tyler Shough showed who he can be in the final month and if he can play at that level, the Red Raiders have a super high ceiling for next season, which may start out with them being ranked in the pre-season due to the number of returners and the momentum that the program has at the moment.

-I was super happy for SaRodorick Thompson scoring in his final game as a Red Raider. Excellent person and a damn good running back. Wishing him the best in his future endevours.

-The future of the running back position is bright with Tahj getting the lion share and the pop that Cam’ron Valdez showed late in the ball game (despite the fumble, I doubt he ever does that again).

-Jerand Bradley has all-conference ceiling in a couple of years. He has the stature to do so and showed his talent. Loic Founoji had a hell of an evening as well. This offense is returning a ton and it’s super exciting.

-This defense put up an all-time performance. Held the Rebel rushing attack to quality numbers before garbage time which was an excellent showing. Five turnovers and four 4th down stops. Excellence, there’s no other word for it.

-This program has a ton to look forward to and I’m super excited to see a potentially ranked matchup with Oregon in September of next season. I’m going to miss this season; I had a ton of fun being around the program and sharing with you fine gentlemen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News