ADVERTISEMENT

I Dreamed It in My Head

dabeamer

🌵👆🌵
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2021
I had this dream, I dreamed it in my head. In it, Texas Tech did not win the Big 12 championship in football. We were all sad, but it was bittersweet because our team was really, really good. In fact, we lost a nail-biter in the conference championship game to spoil our perfect season.

Then selection day came. Not being a top four seed but with the season we had, the playoff game came to @codycc64 Campbell Field. As the selection show went on, it became clear. Our opponent was going to be traveling up from Austin.

The game kicked off at 2PM, which matched our new jersey logos. There was an epic moment during the game, but this time in the south end zone with a shiny new Double T scoreboard in the background. The game lacked dramatics because we curb stomped them and closed things out with an incredible "S-E-C" chant.

Of course, we went on to win it all. Just before I woke up, I saw the championship trophy arrive in Lubbock and heard the victory bells as it found its new home in the Football Womble. And I was there to take it all in with the team.

Then I woke up and remembered something a wise man once said. Everything runs through Lubbock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News