ADVERTISEMENT

Homemade Smashburgers...

martaylo

Techsan
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
Am I the only one obsessed with this? I think maybe I'm just late to the party. Several weeks ago I decded to make my own smashburgers for the first time and they turned out great. With burgers I've always just done whatever I felt like at the time and it could be thick or thin, could have all, some or none of cheese, bacon, avocado, jalapeno, onion, green chili, fried egg, etc. in addition to the standard lettuce, tomato, pickle combo. But the smashburger seems like a very specific kind of burger with pretty minimal variation. Obviously you can do whatever you like, but the "standard" setup seems pretty consistent.

I'm toasting brioche buns, smashing 2 3oz patties thin on the griddle with shaved white onion underneath (beef fat carmelizes the onion as the burger cooks), melting american cheese on top. When I put it together I add sauce, pickles and I like shredded iceburg lettuce on it too

Anyway, I'm doing them again tonight, but I can't exactly remember or find the sauce recipe I used so I'm looking for suggestions. Something like 2 parts mayo and ketchup, maybe .5 part mustard, dill relish, dash of hot sauce, dash of worcestershire sauce, salt and paprika. Does that seem correct, or does anyone have a solid actual recipe?

Anyone have any particular variations or preferences on the burgers themselves?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News