ADVERTISEMENT

Help Needed for Daughter's BF

Garro27

Red Raider
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2004
Celina
Asking for help from my fellow Red Raiders for my daughters best friend Addison. As some of you may know, Addison and her grandmother were in a tragic car accident here in Celina in January. They were hit head on and both were lucky to survive. She is still in the hospital and will be for at least another month.
Addison is such a fighter and at 16 years old has been such an inspiration to us and the community in her fight to first survive the accident that the EMT’s felt she wouldn’t even make it to the hospital alive and if she did would have severe brain damage due to the nature of her head injury. Then there is the back and spine Injuries she sustained that required emergency surgery while in ICU.
She is now defying doctors expectations daily on her recovery progress and what they originally thought was possible for her: She and her grandmother are both living miracles and a testament to the power of prayer!
After being very sick and several more obstacles thrown her way over the last couple weeks, she has continued to make progress in pt and took her first steps a couple days ago. She is working towards walking again and is on the long road to recovery…thank God!!!

Addison and The Brownell family really beed all the continued prayers and support they can get. The financial burden of the countless medical bills is starting to become a reality and huge worry for them. The other driver (a 60yr old unemployed man) had no insurance, lives with his dad and has no assets and was driving the dads car: There is no medical explanation for why he swerved across two lanes, a 20 yard wide grass median, arely missed a semi and hit their car head on. They are going to have to cover more of the bills on their own than expected and we’re originally lead to believe, so you can imagine the costs for 3 months of hospital and surgeries for Addison and 6 months at least for her grandmother who was in even worse shape. Addisons family has created shirts and hoodies for us to show our support for Addison and her grandmother to try and help raise money for her recovery. I am asking for continued prayers for them as they navigate through this and if you would like to support or help them here are the links for the shirt fundraiser and their Go Fund Me. Thank you for your prayers as we try and help any way we can and Guns Up!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-addison-brownell

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News