ADVERTISEMENT

Help me understand: Offense questions

RaiderRam

Matador
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2006
DFW
We know the offense sucked for 3 quarters and this is not a thread to bash Tech, so please keep that BS out. I consider myself a knowledgeable football fan in general, but I do not understand detail X's and O's. I can generally tell what we are trying to do and what the other team is trying to do, but don't know specifics around the why. Here are a few questions I have:
  1. Their DB's were playing off our receivers 10-12 yards all night. Why are we not dinking and dunking it with high percentage completions and getting 3-4 yards per play until they come up and stop that? We just continued to drop Shough back to let him go through progressions that he was obviously struggling with. Is there some reason we didn't take advantage of this? Maybe there is.
  2. We've heard all about our speed and I do believe we have serious speed at skill positions. Did we run any jet sweeps last night? That's been a staple in previous years and I kept waiting on it hoping we would try to stretch them out which can open up the interior and can open up over the top because they have to bring guys up to stop it. I don't remember any plays like that, but maybe I missed them. Why didn't we do this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News