ADVERTISEMENT

Good Games for Cowboys fans young and old to rewatch/watch on YouTube

FordBronco44

Matador
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2015
I have gone back and watched some famous Cowboys games the past few weeks on YouTube while watching my 1 year old boy and just because I know they'll lose tomorrow and the 27 year drought will keep going. Us the Lions and Redskins are the only teams to not reach an NFC title game since 1996. The last road playoff game the Cowboys won was the 1992 NFC Title game (Top 5 team of all time and Top Ten playoff game of all time). Sheesh.

I watched highlights or NFL Films versions of these game - pick a couple and watch they are great for any cowboys fan.
The Ice Bowl,
Super Bowl 5 where Chuck Howley has been the only MVP on a losing team (and should be in the Hall of Fame) and Bob Lilly threw his helmet about 50 yards in the air in frustration
- Super Bowl 6 - Cowboys finally break through and win vs Dolphins and Larry Cole and Bob Lilly make that famous 29 yard sack on Griese
-Super Bowl 10 - one of the steelers losses,
-Super Bowl 13 - Incidental contact (**** Lynn Swann), Jackie Smith Drop, Ref blocks Charlie Waters on Franco Harris TD, Randy White fumbles a kickoff return with a cast, Rocky Bleier makes the catch of his life - Cowboys should have won that game.
- The catch game - After the catch Drew Pearson almost took one to the house but got horse collared by Eric Wright and we were almost in field goal range to win until they sack fumbled Danny White. Sad
-The best playoff game in Cowboys History - 1992 NFC Title Game - Cowboys beat favored niners 30-20 by outplaying them and a 70 yard Alvin Harper slant to seal the game
-Super Bowl 27 - Beating the Bills 52-17 and causing 8 turnovers was a thing of beauty. Aikman and Irvin had some incredible connections in this game
-93 NFC Title game - We beat the living crap out of the niners and would have beat them worse if Aikman wasn't concussed.
-93 Super Bowl - James Washington should have been MVP. Uneventful with Airman's concussion. Cowboys defense was dominant. Jimmy Johnson seeing the shuffle pass on ESPN before the game is an awesome story.
-94- F Barry and Jerry and the Deion arm bar and Emmitts torn hamstring/calf.
-95- I'll take the Super Bowl but F Barry and Jerry and load left. Thank the good lord for Larry Brown and Deion and Jay Novacek.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News