ADVERTISEMENT

SPITBALLIN' Final Whistle Feeling: BYU pres. by Sideline Provisions

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Sigh.

I guess a result like that is somewhat to be expected when you play that badly in all phases. I don’t know if it can be rehashed over and over again but this team has just turned out to not be very good.

Tahj Brooks was a fun watch on the ground tonight, as always. Wasn’t as effective from a YPC standpoint but was excellent in picking up some important first downs. Another 100-yard night and a touchdown to boot.

The fumble is a killer, but it’s made worse by a brutal special teams’ penalty that wiped the excellent return from Price, which made it a BYU touchdown.

On the second to last play of the first half, I was really frustrated by Jerand Bradley’s effort to get to that football. Really just do not understand it, at all. (I’ll pull the video if I can).

I didn’t understand Tech running Jake Strong as much as they did in this one. In the passing game, he had some bad moments, but he wasn’t helped out at all. Tough spot for the kid who is nowhere near ready.

Your blocking, receiving corps, and pretty much everything on special teams was just bad. Not really another way to classify it.

That game sucked, you really beat yourself. I guess take the bye week to get right and take on a TCU game that really doesn’t mean much more than pride at this point in the season. Deep dive maybe late Sunday, might just throw up a Q/A thread tomorrow on our way back from ABQ to LBK.

lxx6rbwbnysmxwmz025d

Owned and operated by Red Raiders, Sideline Provisions offers one of a kind items you can’t find anywhere else in the world. They are the original creator of the Guns Up logo and are the only place to get Dirk West original pieces.Sideline Provisions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News